Deep Tissue Massage, Vancouver Enjoy a freer, more responsive body
Revive and energize your tired sore muscles!
Deep Tissue massage usually focuses on a specific problem. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted area such as stiff necks, low back tightness and sore shoulders. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, joints, or other connective tissue, as well as lymphatic vessels.
Deep tissue Massage effectively relieves pain and discomfort.
The benefits of Deep Tissue massage:
- Effective in relieving chronic pain
- Decrease muscle tension or spasm
- Increase joint flexibility
- Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury)
- Aids repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Correct postural problems
- Reduce ostearthritis painRelieve Fibromyalgia
What to expect from a Deep Tissue Massage treatment?
When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually bands of painful, rigid tissue (adhesions) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation. Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. To do this, the massage therapist may use fingertips, knuckles, hands, elbows, and forearms during the deep tissue massage. Direct deep pressure or friction is applied across the muscle fibres. You may be asked to breathe deeply as the massage therapist works on problematic tense areas.
After a deep tissue massage the body often feels as if it had a strenuous, yet impactful workout. Drink plenty of water to flush the metabolic waste from the tissues.
- Contact Cocoon Wellness to experience the long term benefits of deep tissue massage! Cocoon Wellness is proud to introduce some of the best massage pratitioners in Vancouver. Save time and energy, book an appointment now and enjoy our services in the comfort of your Vancouver home.